Bright rainbow carrots in deep purple, orange, white and yellow add springy color to your meal, plus Vitamin A, Vitamin K, beta-carotene and many more nutrients.
Try these simple and flavorful ways to serve them:
1) Sprinkle with sesame oil, sesame seeds, some orange zest and a fresh squeeze of orange juice. Roast in the oven. Sprinkle scallions on top and serve.
2) Serve as crudités in a martini glass with Greek yogurt dip in the glass. Mix the yogurt with chives and a squeeze of fresh lemon for a simple dip.
3) Toss carrots with with olive oil and sea salt and sauté in a pan until tender. Near the end of the cooking time, drizzle honey on top and stir until it melts. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts before serving.
4) Add cloves of garlic, rainbow carrots and fingerling potatoes. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary and salt, and toss with olive oil. Roast and serve.
5) Shave or shred the carrots into your salad for color and crunch.
6) Sauté carrots in butter for a few minutes. Add water to the pan, cover with a lid and steam until tender. At the end of the cooking time, stir in
one teaspoon of vanilla, one tablespoon of brown sugar and two more tablespoons of butter.
7) Place carrots in a skillet and add water to cover. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the carrots are tender. Stir in butter, fresh dill, salt and pepper.