Lunches need to get packed for school, and sometimes, it feels like it’s taking so long that you can barely get out the door in time to get the kids to school. Or maybe your kids tend to get bored of the same snacks in their lunch box day after day.
From your Roche Bros. family to the school cafeteria, here are five ways to make lunch-packing easy, tasty and healthy:
1) Make it cheesy: Toss in some squares of Cracker Barrel Bar Cheese or Galbani Sorrento String Cheese along with an apple, some crackers or a small bag of pita chips.
2) Grab something crunchy and go: Lots of snacks are available in packable bags. Try some of our favorites in the snack aisle. SkinnyPop Popcorn starts with a premium popcorn kernel, sunflower oil and the perfect amount of salt. Otherwise, there is “no artificial anything.” This popcorn has no GMOs, gluten or preservatives.
A great alternative to traditional cheese puffs, Pirate’s Booty is another bag of snacks that will be empty after lunchtime. Pirate’s Booty Aged White Cheddar is made from puffed rice and corn, blended with real aged white cheddar cheese and baked. It’s also trans fat free, gluten free and kosher!
3) Go green: Green means good for you, so why not add a little extra green to your children’s lunch boxes? Non-GMO and gluten-free, Snapea Crisps are smooth, mild and crunchy, sprinkled with just a little salt to bring out the natural flavor of the peas. Or bring a taste of the ocean into the fall months with a pack of SeaSnax Grab & Go Seaweed Snacks. Darker green and full of sea minerals, these toasted seaweed snacks are made with three all-natural ingredients: seaweed, 100% olive oil and just a pinch of sea salt! There are no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and they are vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO, so they suit nearly any dietary needs.
4) Spoon it: There’s something truly satisfying about a snack you can eat with a spoon, especially if it’s easy to pack in the lunch box! Satisfy your kids – and feel confident they are eating well at school – with a single serving of Full Circle Organics All Natural Unsweetened Apple Sauce. You can also make it a single-serving dessert with Kozy Shack Rice, Chocolate or Tapioca Pudding. Better yet, pack both!
5) Squeeze it: If you don’t want to worry about spoons, get yogurt tubes your kids can squeeze! Yoplait Go-Gurt or Horizon Organic Tubeerz are easy to find in the dairy aisle. These tubes are fun for kids, easy to add to the lunch box and a healthy way to round out your kids’ mid-day meal.