Fresh butter, eggs, flour and sugar in the right balance combine into our bakery’s all-butter pound cake. It’s great for a treat on its own, for breakfast, dessert or in the middle of the afternoon.
When you’re serving it to a bunch of people, try these exciting ways to dress it up:
1) Make it into a sundae! Add a scoop of ice cream, hot fudge, chopped nuts, whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
2) Turn it into a short cake. Slice it up and layer it with whipped cream and a mix of berries.
3) Top it with a fresh, homemade fruit compote. Combine a half cup of sugar with some water in a sauce pan. Stir on low heat to dissolve the sugar. Bring it to a boil and then turn off the heat and let it cool. Add fresh lemon or lime juice and 2 cups of fresh or frozen berries.
4) Go dulce de leche. Drizzle caramel on top and sprinkle with sea salt.
5) Make your French toast extra special with pound cake instead of bread. Soak it in a mixture of egg and milk. Cook it on the stove, or bake it into a casserole! Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve with maple syrup.