Morning came quickly, and it’s time for your (first) cup o’ Joe. Make your caffeine-fix more exciting morning, noon or night with our top 5 ways to use ground coffee this fall:
1) One word: Pumpkin. Enjoy a pumpkin-enhanced coffee beverage without leaving home. Blend pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice into your choice of dairy or non-dairy milk. Heat in a small pot. Stir the mixture into your hot coffee. Don’t forget to add a cinnamon stick!
2) Just add chocolate. Chocolate makes coffee richer, sometimes sweeter and, if it’s dark enough, brings a surge of anti-oxidants, too. Keep it simple with a shake of cocoa powder into your morning brew. If you have a little more time, melt coconut oil with dark chocolate and mix it into brewed coffee. Or grate a chocolate bar into your coffee and stir.
3) Sweeten with maple syrup. The distinctive sweetness of pure maple syrup makes a great complement to hot coffee. Also swirl in some whipped cream or coconut milk for a creamy addition to the drink.
4) Try a new, fall-themed creamer. The options for ready-to-add cream and flavor abound. Consider French vanilla, peppermint mocha, cinnamon, hazelnut and more. Your choice of creamer will personalize your coffee without any extra work.
5) Make it into a rub … for your dinner. From pork tenderloin to ribeye, meat gets a boost when ground coffee is the basis of a rub. Spice it up by mixing ground coffee with paprika, chili powder and ground ginger. Or give it an Asian flair with ground coffee, sesame seeds and Chinese five-spice powder.